Madrasah Tul Madina is committed to teaching our young learners the correct recitation of the Holy Quraan while implementing the tajweed rules.
- Studying to recite fluently with Tajweed should enable learners to:
- Develop the love of reciting the Qur’ān. Distinguish and understand the principles and rules of Tajweed and its development as a discipline.
- Develop the ability to use the proper phonetics and pronunciation in the Arabic language when reciting the Qur’ān.
- Recite the Qur’ān implementing the principles and rules of Tajweed. Instill passion to recite the Qur’ān correctly, fluently, and beautifully.
- Develop the natural capability to use the correct phonetics in all forms of Arabic recitation such as the Qur’ān.
- Memorise portions of the Qur’ān and develop the passion to memorize more.
Firstly,learners will be learning the basic recognition and correct pronunciation of each letter (Ḥurūf) with both upper and lowercase (Fatḥa, dhommah and kasrah) as well as the short and long vowels such as Sākin, Tanwīn and Shaddah. The Yassarnal Qur’ān (surah) is used to consolidate the correct pronunciation of the arabic alphabet and fluent recitation of joined words.
Next we focus on the application of such as Idghām, Iqlab, Ikhfā, rules of Madd (3 types) and QalQala (Jerking sound). Learners will practice using short surahs from the Qur’ān with a strong emphasis on Tajweed.
After the above, learners will learn to identify between the different rules of Tajweed and read the Qur’ān continuously with fluency and with the correct connection from one word to the next, also focusing on the more technical aspects of Tajweed like the different ways of ending Ayats